Thursday 1 March 2012

The Black Wall

The weather was nice this afternoon so once I finished uni I headed up to the crags for a boulder. It was threatening to rain all the way there, and did at times, although the weather held out and I had a nice afternoon working some problems.
My main aim was the Black Wall Traverse (font 6c+). I have tried it before but always came off the crux. I had a couple of attempts to get through the lay back moves, which didn't feel too bad today. I was finding transfering my weight onto the large foot hold past the side pulls hard and came unstuck from here a number of times. I kept on persevering and in the end I managed to tick Edinburghs classic bouldering test piece.
There was a little sunlight left so I played around on a few problems round the corner including reccess traverse (font 6a) and overhang problem (font 6a).

No comments:

Post a Comment