Monday 10 June 2013

Spank the Monkey

Yesterday I managed to tick a couple of boulder problems that had evaded me for a while. Not that long ago I mentioned in a blog post that I had had a look at a boulder problem at Cambusbarron called Spank the Monkey. It takes the left arete of a slabby boulder and gets font 7b in the lowland outcrops guide, although this is probably well over graded. The font 7a that it gets on UKC seems more on the mark. I managed to climb it after about an hour of working out where the foot holds were. I then managed to climb the right arete of the same slab. It gets font 4 but it didn't feel very much easier.
Spank the Monkey boulder
Later on I went to Wolfcrag and managed to do a dyno which I had never managed to latch before. It is called the Wolfie and get font 6b+.

No comments:

Post a Comment