Saturday 18 February 2012

Kyloe in the woods

This weekend was supposed to be the EUMC trip to Lochnagar but the weather didn't look very good so Marsh, Catherine, Mary, James, Craig, Lizzie, Chris and I decided to go to the county. We set off at 8.30am on saturday morning and headed down the A1 to Bowden Doors. I had neglected to look at how strong the wind was going to be and Bowden isn't very sheltered. The wind turned out to be pretty strong so after a quick boulder and a couple of routes we packed up and headed to Kyloe in the woods. Being in the woods we figured it would be out of the wind, and luckily it was, pretty much. Everyone else seemed to have had the same idea as us so the crag was pretty mobbed. We met Tom, Robert, Fiona, Fergus and others there.
I warmed up abit by soloing a couple of routes; Badfinger (E2, 5c) and Bad Company (E2, 5c). After these I moved abit further down the crag and tried Monty Python Direct (font 6c+), which I managed to flash. This was my first font 6c+ flash so Im pretty happy about it.
Other routes I did today were Marmoset (font 4), Red Rum (font 6b), The Elf Direct (font 6a), Elf Arete (font 6b) and Badfinger sit start (font 6b).

1 comment:

  1. Good effort flashing Monty Python's Mr Holmes, I've seen loads of people fail on that. Also topping out Badfinger etc, don't think many people continue beyond the jugs!

    ReplyDelete